Telemedicine is the process of providing health care from a distance through telecommunications technology. Telepsychiatry, a subset of telemedicine, is one of the most promising developments in healthcare that applies telemedicine to the field of psychiatry. Telepsychiatry refers to the delivery of psychiatric assessment and treatment using live, interactive communication or video conferencing.
Telepsychiatry may include psychiatric evaluations, therapy services, patient education, and medication management.
Benefits of Telepsychiatry
- Improves access to mental health specialty care, especially for those who cannot go outside their homes
- Lessens delays in care
- Brings care to the patient’s location
- Integrates behavioral health care and primary care
- Reduces the need for trips to the emergency room
- Improves continuity of care and follow-up
- Decreases potential transportation barriers
- Reduces the barrier of stigma
Book your telepsychiatry appointment at Fresh Start Behavioral Health now.
Do you have more questions for us? Please let us know by sending us a message or giving us a call.